Powerful video player with advanced hardware acceleration and subtitle support.
a) HARDWARE ACCELERATION – Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder.
b) MULTI-CORE DECODING – MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that multi-core device’s performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
c) PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN – Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
d) SUBTITLE GESTURES – Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
e) KIDS LOCK – Keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps.
- DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS subtitle tracks.
- SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass) with full styling.
- SAMI(.smi) with Ruby tag support.
MX Player needs permissions on the following categories:
- “Access Photos/Media/Files” permission to read your all media files on your storage
- “Other app capabilities” for various activities like checking network status, Streaming, controlling bluetooth device, controlling the touch feedbacks, blocking keys with kid lock feature.
- “READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” permission is required in order to read your media files in your primary & secondary storages.
- “WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” permission is required in order to rename or deletion of files and to store the downloaded subtitles.
- “ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE” and “ACCESS_WIFI_STATE” permissions are required in order to get the network status which is required for various activities like license checking, update checking, etc.
- “INTERNET” permission is required in order to play internet streams.
- “VIBRATE” permission is required in order to controls the vibration feedbacks.
- “BLUETOOTH” permission is required in order to improve AV sync when Bluetooth headset is connected.
- “WAKE_LOCK” permission is required in order to prevent your phone from sleeping while watching any video.
- “KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES” permission is required in order to stop the MX Player services used in background play.
- “DISABLE_KEYGUARD” permission is required in order to temporarily prevent secure screen lock when Kids Lock is used.
- “SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW” permission is required in order to block some keys when Kids Lock is used.
- “DRAW OVER OTHER APPS” permission is required in order to block system buttons when input blocking is activated on the playback screen.
MX Player is a video player app that lets you view practically any film or clip, regardless of the format, right on your Android screen.
In theory this Android video player does multinuclear decoding, meaning it offers a highly superior performance over that of most Google Play-style apps that use only one nucleus of the Android device.
That said, one of the most interesting things about MX Player is its large array of gesture controls that give you the option to do practically everything with manual shortcuts. For instance, you just have to swipe downward on the left side of the screen to raise and lower the brightness. If you do this on the right side, on the other hand, you raise and lower the volume.
Another very interesting feature is the option to upload and edit subtitles in a variety of ways. You can change the font, the size, the color, the delay … in short, you can play with the subtitles more or less as desired. And it supports the following formats: SRT, TXT, SUB, SSA, SMI, MPL, and AAS.
MX Player is one of the best options available in the Android video player market. Not only does it make an enormous array of features available but also arranges them on an interface that’s easy to handle, smooth, and very accessible.